A successful manager is someone who has faced those challenges first-hand. We are looking for a leader who can offer both guidance & technical expertise to facilitate the development of cutting-edge technologies in a steadily & rapidly growing company.
While identifying & fostering talent is key, part of your role will be to accelerate the growth of talent within our organization. You will also be asked to be a key part of the hiring process, assessing not only the candidates but also helping to shape a better & more relevant process for finding the best talent. Leadership entails a nuanced understanding of the challenges & roadblocks faced by our development teams as they progress through projects.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
Heres what we want:
- Leader: Your foremost responsibility is to manage & lead teams. We need someone who can inspire, motivate & make our Engineers better. Communicate clearly & concisely to implement best practices & processes to ensure that all Engineers are on the same page. Help them understand the 'why'
- Technical: Although your day-to-day doesnt involve writing code, the teams you manage are comprised of accomplished Engineers so you need to have a strong foundation in software development. You will be expected to foster & promote a culture of innovation in a cross-functional Engineering culture that works for all departments, encouraging knowledge transfer & professional growth
- Ownership: We want you to lead your team, celebrate successes & own the failures. In this role youll identify & manage technical risks & opportunities, taking responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables
Heres what you have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years of experience managing a team of at least 5-10 people
- Practical knowledge of contemporary development practices & Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, pair programming or test-driven development
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging & performance optimization
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams & nurturing talent amongst your reports
Nice to have:
- Experience in Ad Tech industry a big plus
- Data & API integration with third party applications such as NetSuite & Salesforce
- Knowledge or experience with Golang, MySQL, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Perl
Why youll love working here:
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.