When was the last time you were planning a business trip & really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort & convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction & frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We are looking for a full-time Junior Staff Accountant to join our team. This person will be involved in day to day operations, including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Month End Close, reporting & additional administrative tasks. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of accounting principles & a desire to be at a fast-paced startup. This person would report directly to the Accounting Manager & would work very closely with the Staff Accountant.
What Youll Do:
- Assist in billing tasks, including subscriptions & monthly rewards invoicing
- Enter all Accounts Payable & Cash Receipts
- Assisting in processing credit card transactions
- Manage vendor reconciliation on a weekly/monthly basis
- Assist with Month End Close
- Help with other administrative tasks, including working on presentation decks, maintaining organizational records, updating reports, & other ad hoc organizational tasks.
Qualities You Should Have:
- Can balance multiple priorities at once.
- An internal sense of urgency & ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Experience You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting role with a deep understanding of accounting principles
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Advanced excel skills
- Accrual Accounting & GAAP knowledge
- Working for a SaaS company is a plus!