Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving complex systems, storage, big data, & network problems using automation & software defined solutions.
We are looking for a senior engineer to help us identify, properly test & certify hardware components supporting our cloud infrastructure. This includes our base cloud server platforms, storage components, server network interface components, & some future-facing offerings we are working on! In this role, reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering, youll be working with architects, vendors, other internal engineers, capacity & performance planning teams & project management to ensure the hardware we are buying meets our requirements & will function properly at scale.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Owning the hardware certification efforts for server chassis, storage, & internal server components
- Procuring samples, testing in the lab, performance profiling, working with vendors to optimize
- Automating the testing process / framework where possible
- Establishing & contributing to a testing results repository
- Informing decisions around purchasing pipelines
What We'll Expect From You:
- A deep understanding of server components, interfaces, technologies, & roles (NICs, HBAs, storage technologies, memory, etc)
- A current awareness & aptitude for staying on top of industry technical trends from usage patterns in the field to manufacturing processes
- Practical experience performing industry-standard testing methods on server components
- An inclination & ability to automate testing wherever possible
- Spreadsheet skills to do cost modeling & other planning exercises
- You can work well with others & lead deep technical discussions, as well as the ability to communicate with others in relatable terms
- Youre organized, methodical, & appreciate order over chaos
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.