At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, detail oriented & enthusiastic Accountant to join our team! You will be expected to have strong problem-solving skills & be able to work comfortably under pressure to deliver on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational & time-management skills, & a willingness to roll up your sleeves & go beyond your typical day-to-day job description in a fast-paced environment.
On a continuous basis, you will:
- Partner with departments across the organization to analyze & continuously drive improvement in our internal controls & financial reporting processes
- Proactively communicate with the operations team to assist in weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting of key KPIs
- Participate in special projects/ad-hoc reporting as required
During the month-end, quarter-end, & year-end close processes, you will:
- Take ownership of key sections of the financial statements & supporting schedules to ensure completeness & accuracy of income statement accounts
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, monthly financial statements, & variance analysis for management reporting on a monthly basis
- Strive to improve accuracy & timeliness of reporting processes at both the local & global level
- Assist with the interim & year-end audit requirements as required
At a minimum, you have/are:
- A bachelors degree, college diploma or equivalent in Finance/Accounting
- Experience working in full cycle accounting, preferably with CPG experience
- Working towards the CPA designation
- Knowledge of IFRS, including technical accounting & reporting requirements
- Advanced Excel skills & a willingness to learn SQL
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written & verbal, & problem-solving skills
- Eager to join high-growth company, interested in food & technology, & ready to take on significant responsibility
- Able to multitask, work under pressure, & meet deadlines.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment - you are a proactive problem-solver: you always look for a better, more efficient way to complete your own & the teams tasks!
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.