About the Role
You will develop solutions including ML engines to monitor, control & automate the management of various devices used in WeWork buildings, to transform WeWork buildings into smart buildings. Our devices range from printers, HVAC, lighting to other potential IoT devices like coffee makers, fridges & more. You will be responsible for developing the platforms for observability & control, & also code to connect various devices into the platform. We are a try fast / learn fast company, so you will also develop experiments to test various IoT devices that help in members day to day activities.
If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced exciting environments, being part of a diverse team that is building products facing end-users like yourself, & building strategic platform solutions, this is the right role for you.
About the Mission
The Building Technology Team automates & scales the management & control of the environment in WeWork buildings, including temperature, lighting & more. This improves the experience for building tenants & improve operational & cost efficiency for WeWork. To accomplish this, we build & deploy technology into products like printing, network access, environment control to upgrade our buildings to connected buildings. We also use our buildings as a platform to launch value-add IT Services that enable member companies to customize their WeWork environment to their own needs.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, & features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad & be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set & drive goals, & drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools & frameworks & methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives & the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Drive feature development end-to-end & deliver large projects at quarterly level.
- Drive POC activities, initiation of new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in execution.
- Active partner with product, design, & peer engineering leads & managers.
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, & mentees.
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility & roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling & execution needs.
- Align co-related systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
- Motivate engineers on the squad to join or focus on set of initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 6+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing & developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, & caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, & Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Nice to Have
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience building software platforms for monitoring, control of devices
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement. We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.