Flywheel is seeking a SeniorLead iOS developer to own the portfolio of current & future iOS apps. The position will lead the entire app lifecycle from concept through delivery, in addition to ongoing maintenance of new features & fixes in our current commercial app. Additionally, this role will lead the development of a companion app for a new product line. The qualified candidate will work closely with the business to understand requirements, set expectations, & deliver within the context of an agile process.
Additionally, this individual should have a high standard for code quality, but also understand how to self-start & deliver within the timelines of the business. If you thrive on immersing yourself in the latest changes to the iOS platform & leveraging the latest trends to constantly improve the user experience, this is the role for you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Deliver software against aggressive schedules
- Work with business stakeholders to define our mobile roadmap
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS platform.
- Design scalable solutions
- Collaborate closely with other internal & external engineers to concept & deliver
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects & distributed development teams
- The ideal candidate will have experience building native iOS applications that rely on multiple web services & that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
- Minimum 3-5 years experience developing & testing native iOS apps in ObjectiveC
- Hard experience developing apps in the Swift programming language
- Experience video & audio a major plus
- Experience managing the deployment process of an app through Apples App Store & leading the app development lifecycle.
- Experience building IOT apps
- Mastery of compiled languages other than Obj-C
- Experience in the principles of good UI/UIX design.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams consisting of designers & front-end, back-end developers
- Management experience leading both in-house & external iOS development teams.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating with common Social APIs (eg. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Well versed in the iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc.)
- Well versed in tools for monitoring app stability & user behavior (eg. Crashlytics, Localytics)
- High level of comfort with Xcode.