Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce, & financial applications worldwide. Circles platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure, & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs help bridge the legacy financial system with digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global, & inclusive financial system.
Circle's SeedInvest service is the leading equity crowdfunding platform in the U.S., offering a two-sided marketplace for issuers & investors & enabling internet-native private capital markets to grow & flourish. SeedInvest dramatically changes the way private companies can raise capital & offers investors direct access to seed & growth stage private companies. SeedInvest supports a rapidly growing marketplace of ~500,000+ investors & hundreds of entrepreneurs & startups, deploying over $300 million into nearly 250 startups across a wide range of sectors, stages, & geographies.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains, & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient, & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities, & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Staff Software Engineer for SeedInvest at Circle, you will plan, lead teams & directly contribute to projects for user friendly products for our customers -- 1) investors, 2) founders & startups, & 3) internal users at SeedInvest -- across our entire technology stack. These products will range from onboarding, investing, portfolio, & shareholder management products to settlement tools, internal APIs, & development infrastructure. You will also be expected to contribute to the growth of the team technically.
What youll work on:
- Leading teammates to design, develop, test & ship phenomenal features & products
- Driving the developmental design, testing & maintenance of our platform
- Actively collaborating with management, product team members, & other engineers to help realize business & technical visions
- Introducing & driving practice of best-in-class development processes
- Managing technical debt to ensure development velocity stays responsive & predictable
- Engaging & mentoring team members & helping grow & scale the team
- Eventually becoming an expert on startup investing, venture capital, & fundraising
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity, & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, & Macbook preferred
- Led teams in designing, building, & deploying secure, scalable services
- A passion for & experience with enabling & motivating people to do their best work
- Ability to work very well cross-functionally in a flat startup
- Ability to think rigorously & make hard decisions/tradeoffs quickly & correctly
- Comfort in a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy & responsibilities
- Extensive experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Deep understanding of API design & REST principles
- Deep & broad experience with web application design, scalability, & frameworks
Extra credit if:
- Experience working with remote teams
- Previous experience working in fin-tech
- Previous experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience working at or founded a high-growth startup
- Specific & extensive expertise in AWS, Python, Django, Angular, or VueJs
Location: While our HQ is the internet, ideally this candidate is based in the East Coast time zone. Candidates should be aware that the majority of the team is based in the NYC area & that the workday is scheduled around the East Coast time zone.
More about SeedInvest:
SeedInvest is the creator of www.seedinvest.com, a venture/startup equity investment platform, & aims to be the largest online private capital marketplace in the world. SeedInvest believes that private markets should not be closed, opaque, & accessible only by a wealthy few, but by all entrepreneurs & investors regardless of geography, access, demographics, or background. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet, & has since worked actively with the SEC & other regulators to re-invent the legacy investment banking & private capital market rails that have remained unchanged for nearly a century. SeedInvest is in the early innings of having a bit of private investment in everyones investment portfolio & believes its growing suite of products will give rise to a new generation of investors & startups that will participate in a vibrant, liquid, & accessible private capital market unlike ever before.
More about Engineering at SeedInvest:
The engineering teams overarching mission is to build a top-class suite of products & experiences for the new wave of private capital investors & companies. Our entire engineering team is able to run full-stack across product responsibilities with a core responsibility/emphasis on engineering (tech ops, infrastructure, back-end, front-end) & active contribution to product management & design.
Our core stack currently consists of:
We launch products in regular releases & iterate quickly.
- We work in collaborative pods of 2-5 engineers.
- We have daily standups.
- We keep 1 engineer on-call each week.
- We have monthly retrospectives & are continuously improving documentation.
- All pull requests are subject to code review.
- We deploy multiple times per week.
While we keep longer-term roadmaps iterative, the following are several initiatives we are focused on exploring in 2021-2022 based on company-wide strategy:
- Scale our engineering organization
- Architect new demand generation pipeline & tooling to scale dealflow on marketplace
- Automate investment settlement & compliance
- Rearchitect core investment platform services as scalable foundation for product expansion
- Build internal & issuer-facing retail distribution tooling & services for fundraising campaigns
- Build an investor facing mobile application
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.