SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST, PRODUCT ANALYTICS
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Senior Data Scientist on the Product Research & Analytics team to support the innovation, iteration, & optimization of our engagement products. This Senior Data Scientist will work as part of a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, & User Researchers to better understand how members are interacting with Peloton products & to advise & evaluate how we can best personalize content to each member.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Own analytics for one to three core workstreams, from metrics definition & data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, investigation, & generative research
- Collaborate with Product Managers, User Researchers, Designers, & Engineers to lead experimentation processes: crafting & measuring A/B tests that help us understand the impact of new/alternate versions of features on user behavior
- Lead the analytics effort to increase Personalization & improve how members discover various content
- Develop a deep understanding of user personas, fitness routines, & retention drivers for our members
- Evaluate engagement trends across markets - compare workout/content engagement & feature usage among members within our growing global community
- Become an expert on your workstreams: provide insight into behaviors & difficulties of members on their journey from app download through sustained long-term engagement; help guide roadmap & evaluation of new features to enhance this user journey
- Partner with cross-functional Product & Business teams on research & development efforts related to software improvements & new market expansion
- Work in a lean & agile way, focusing on team members' desired outcomes over granular tasks & continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision & action-ability
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field
- Have 6+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem-solving & providing concrete insights (an advanced degree may contribute to years of experience); at least 2+ years experience working directly with product teams
- Have solid technical skills when it comes to data wrangling & handling large datasets: expert in SQL for data extraction (including sophisticated joins, CTE, window functions, query optimization), & have a solid understanding of Python syntax required for data cleaning & exploratory analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy)
- Have strong experience with A/B testing & have demonstrated experience designing & assessing experiments
- Strong command of statistics & data science methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, & other machine learning techniques such as clustering)
- Have proven experience defining & owning project success metrics
- Have a passion for data storytelling via decks & dashboards & a proven track record to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences & senior leadership
- Are comfortable owning your project timelines, prioritizing tasks with the user & business impact in mind, assessing speed/precision tradeoffs, & proactively communicating project statuses to collaborators & teammates
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with Product Managers, Project Managers, User Researchers, Designers, & Engineers - & as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Are curious & humble: ask good questions, are always excited to learn new methods, approaches, & perspectives, & are eager to investigate exciting trends in the data
- Prior experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Previous experience working with Personalization teams
- Solid understanding of event-based data collection & related technical concepts (e.g. SDK, device vs. cloud mode, schema management) & tools (e.g. Segment)
- Experience with product analytics SaaS tools (e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative & qualitative research methods & techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing, etc.)
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, & Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, & best-in-class fitness experts & Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, & so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer & committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health & well-being of our employees & customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. & Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.