BuzzFeed's content department is looking for a full-timeCopy Editorto work with our editorial & branded-content teams in ourNew York Cityoffice. We're looking for a self-professed word nerd with acomprehensive knowledge of, andpassionfor, grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, & all-around proper use of the English language. Reporting to our Senior Commerce Editor,you willmanage copyediting content in all forms, including posts, video, & social copy.
You have solid copyediting & intrapersonal skills with light fact-checking, & you know how to edit for accuracy & consistency without losing tone or voice.Are you incensed by the misuse of homophones? Can you spot a typo with your eyes half-closed? Are you simply going to lose it the next time someone uses a hyphen instead of an em dash?(You get the picture.)
You may be asked to complete a copy test before being interviewed.
- Copyedit BuzzFeed posts & videos for spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, & consistency
- Assist with light fact-checking
- Partner withwriters, account managers, & sellers
- Show awareness of brand tone, flagging any copy for sensitivity issues or misalignment with client demographics
- At least 23 years experience copyediting for a website or magazine
- Familiarity with AP & Chicago style guides (bonus points for familiarity with the BuzzFeed Style Guide!)
- Deadline-oriented with solidcollaboration skills
- Ability toquickly adapt to new writing styles & formats
- Familiarity with British English a plus
- Comfort with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Apositive,curious,playful disposition
Interested? Apply online & include:
- Your rsum
- A cover letter that explains why you'd be perfect for the job
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed,we believeour work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on ateam that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO andunlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans,gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation,teamwork, inclusion,humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youllwork collaboratively withinspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.