Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible & affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform & supply chain allow us to offer everyone whether they have insurance or not amazingly inexpensive prices on their medications. Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country & fixing how opaque, unfair & overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders & operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
Youll lead our DevOps & Site Reliability engineers, focusing on maintaining & improving Blinks core engineering resources, instilling best practices into the companys engineering teams & services, & boosting productivity & innovation of our engineering community through team engagements & self-service tooling. You will be coaching the teams engineers, helping manage vendors & partners, & working with business, product, & engineering stakeholders to define the teams roadmap & objectives. The team collaborates tightly with the IT & security teams & experience in those domains is desirable. Healthcare domain experience & deep knowledge of AWS are also desired. This role requires hands-on, current knowledge of cloud architecture & deployment best practices.
What You Have:
- A strong eye for detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- The ability to communicate about technical topics to engineering & management
- Eager to help create something that improves peoples live
- Passion for improving a team effectiveness by adding simple, useful processes & removing unnecessary, time consuming procedures
- Comfort coordinating with other managers to integrate projects with other applications.
- Project management experience, working with multiple teams across disciplines
- Experience developing & maintaining a technical project plan, & reporting on the progress of that project
- Practice working with engineering teams to capture technical requirements as stories, & estimate the size & complexity of those stories
- Comfortable working with variables & strive to create clarity for the team
- Desire to work in a high-paced startup environment, where projects are iterative & where responsibilities may become broader, or more specialized, over time
- Technical knowledge - an engineering background/skills are highly preferred, but not required.
Who You Are:
- You're a people person -- you connect well with technically savvy engineers & also with folks who just want their wifi to work & their dashboards to be green
- As a manager, you operate as a player/coach -- meaning, you provide development & strategic direction to your team, but you also robustly contribute
- You know networks, excited to take the lead on the maintenance & evolution of our network
- You love a technical challenge
- You thrive in a high paced environment
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of technical infrastructure experience, with an emphasis in cloud architecture, Kubernetes, & related technologies
- Talent for prioritizing & balancing the needs of multiple groups of users
- A high level of skill with managed services offered by various cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) - AWS strongly preferred
- Experience overseeing the design & implementation of an IaC codebase that builds an entire company's cloud resources (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc). We use Terraform, Atlantis, & Terragrunt.
- Strong understanding of the full stack of abstractions provided by modern container orchestration platforms such as Apache Mesos & Docker Swarm. We use Kubernetes.
- Experience overseeing the design & implementing a full release pipeline including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, & automatic rollback. We use GitHub Actions, Poetry, Helm, & Serverless Framework.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious & aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.