Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences & empowers marketers to create, optimize & measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust & galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner & tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters mostcreating experiences & cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, & Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily & there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, & were named as one of Colorados Best Paying Companies. Weve also been listed on Wealthfronts Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work & hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, & Denver, & London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, & Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture & About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
Reporting to the Director of Legal, the Senior Commercial Counsel role will provide guidance on commercial contract negotiations, while exercising excellent business judgment, managing risk, & employing creative-problem solving solutions. Typical transactions will range from NDAs & standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. If you thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic environment & get excited about closing deals - this job is for you.
How you will make an impact:
- Work closely with the business to negotiate, draft & review a broad range of commercial agreements, including master services, partnership, nondisclosure, referral, licensing, & other commercial agreements.
- Work closely & partner with internal commercial teams to drive company revenue goals.
- Manage risk & ensure business & compliance requirements are accurately reflected within agreements.
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies & processes to help streamline, simplify & automate the contracting process.
- Field requests & advise cross-functional stakeholders on agreements.
- Tend to deal desk request flow in alignment with priorities communicated by leadership.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to implement & train commercial teams on contracting policies & processes.
In this role youll get to:
- Law degree (or Graduate Diploma in Law for UK applicants).
- CA or NY State Bar membership and/or admission to practice as a solicitor in England & Wales.
- Relevant in-house experience (preferably), including experience negotiating complex SaaS agreements.
- Experience scaling legal commercial processes & policies.
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy laws & practices within the SaaS industry.
- Business acumen & ability to build relationships across the business, while collaborating cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Able to work independently while collaborating in an evolving environment & escalate issues/seek guidance appropriately.
- Experience working within the SaaS industry
- CIPP/US and/or CIPP/E
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.
Last update: 4/27/21