CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, & caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success & we are looking for someone who will help design,build & maintain the infrastructurefoundation that supports our multiple business lines. Our production environment includes Kubernetes running on AWS virtual private cloud technology. We are actively migrating to a microservices based architecture.
In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, & supporting an incredible social mission.
- Maintain responsibility for system administration of containerized, virtual environments & development services in a cloud-based environment
- Build & maintain development & production infrastructure to support continued product growth using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS & associated technologies
- Effectively manage SQL databases including maintenance & configuration of system security admin controls, operating systems, & FDL & SSL data transmissions
- Manage operating production environment web servers, application service,mircoservices
- Contribute to pertinent ad hoc projects including debugging code within a React, Enterprise Java (including Spring Boot andDropWizard)
- Help migrate to a bestpracticesmicro services architecture
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience working within a modern web-based environment
- 1-3 years of experience with Docker andkubernetes
- System administration of virtual environments & development services in a cloud-based environment
- Deep knowledge of security configurations of operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash & Python
- Exposure to SQL & Linux System administration
- Experience with Java, Postgres, Python, Elasticsearch, Redis, MYSQL, Golang
- Proficiency in building deployments using a CI/CD tool
- Working knowledge of AWS Administration & Instance Management
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.