ABOUT THE ROLE
As Senior Art Director at Peloton, you will be responsible for the development, presentation, & creation of visual assets that will be used across advertising channels including but not limited to: native app, email, print, social, & paid media. This role will be responsible for overseeing & developing various visual deliverables across marketing. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker & innovator, & a solid attention to styling, branding, typography, & passion for marketing. They will collaborate closely with Pelotons internal creative team & work along side, creative directors, stakeholders, designers, copy writers, editors, & retouchers.
The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye & be a creative thinker & innovator. They are responsible for ensuring that all artwork & content produced meets both the creative & stakeholders brief at the highest-quality production value & in the most efficient & timely manner.
- Be a proactive problem solver & thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- 5+ years of experience in art directing fashion photo shoots
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media.
- Commanding knowledge of fashion industry & pop culture trends & deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design & typography
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within ecommerce & apparel
- Strong conceptual skills & ability to formulate innovative ideas & provide clear direction & recommendations
- Strong understanding of creative production timelines, budgets & needs to ensure a productive on-set experience & output while maximizing video & still assets across the ecosystem
- Ability to manage, grow & develop a team of individuals that have various creative backgrounds & responsibilities
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch
- Must have existing & extensive relationships with external talent/vendors within the industry--photographers, directors, illustrators, animators, CGI & post-production houses, & any of their corresponding representation.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of:
- Color theory & color relationships.
- Typographic terms that identify type forms & the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
- Perspective & space relationships.
- Page composition & grid structures.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques & file prep procedures
- Photography & the photographic creative & production process
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.