At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, & Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of Cloudflares largest Enterprise customers & managing all of their post-sale experiences. You will bring strong relationship-building experience, product knowledge, project management & organizational skills, as well as a high degree of empathy to ensure the customers satisfaction with Cloudflares services.
You will maintain a deep understanding of our solutions & present to customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs. You are ultimately responsible for the retention of your book of business; this is driven through demonstrating the value the products & services provide to the customers business via quarterly reviews.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage the customer life cycle including contract renewal
- Work with your account teams to plan & execute long term account plans to facilitate retention & growth via product & new business unit expansion
- Develop & maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, SRE, Marketing & other teams to resolve customer business issues & work towards their stated goals.
- Manage customer feedback & product needs by providing feature requests to internal partner teams.
- < 25% travel
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in a Customer Success/Account Management role [servicing enterprise accounts].
- Basic understanding of computer networking & how the internet works.
- Curiosity to learn about the cloud security & performance industry.
- Experience with project management, account portfolio planning & prioritization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, & perform effectively under pressure.
- Strong phone & interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) as well as organizational skills.
- Track record of successful planning & execution of Executive Business Reviews.
- Understanding of application, server, & network security a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.