Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Magicverse team, you will be part of a team building highly scalable services to support web-based applications & mobile devices. You will create secure, multi-tenant services, including databases & middleware. You will work closely with other teams to identify & meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Implement systems from technical designs with clean, well-commented, & well- tested code
- Participate in development planning & prioritization
- Create & maintain Continuous Integration processes
- Participate in the professional development of a world-class team of Mobile, DevOps, & Software Engineers
- Create, champion & drive better metrics & monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our Cloud applications & services
- 5-7 years of experience programming on at least one of the following languages: Go, Java, or C/C++
- 5+ years of experience with at least one database backend SQL and/or NoSQL (MySQL,PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc.
- Familiarity deploying & scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS,Google, etc.)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven & Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing & deployment
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication & reaching across functional borders
- A solid understanding of networking & core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS,SMTP, HTTP) is a must
- Proficiency with Git
- Ability to multi-task & manage tasks with varying priorities
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.