Okta is seeking an experienced director to own our executive communications program, lead a highly-skilled team, & support a wide range of Okta executives & their thought leadership platforms. You will report to Oktas Director of Communications, & partner with our executives to share Oktas story & vision with the world.
You will work closely with the existing team to drive Oktas executive communications strategy, bringing fresh perspective & an operational approach to our work with C-level executives. An ideal candidate has a proven track record of building thought leadership platforms for executives, managing multiple high-stakes projects at once, & building teams.
Communications is an incredibly strategic & visible function at Okta & were looking for a driven, experienced leader who will start making an impact immediately. This role requires a deep understanding of our industry, enterprise software & cloud computing.
The ideal candidate has:
- 10-15 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, & SVPs; ability to engage with & influence senior executives & leadership teams with gravitas.
- A growth mindset & passion for building high-functioning teams.
- An understanding of Oktas business & experience working with cloud companies.
- Experience crafting stories on technical concepts & enterprise products, & the ability to quickly identify trending topics & issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks or a controversial stance.
- A passion for internal communications & change management; experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
- An eye for design & the ability to clearly articulate your vision to translate a message into a visual medium.
- An understanding & passion for multimedia, visual storytelling, & modern communications platforms.
- A strong, clear writing style & voice, with excellent writing & editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects & deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development & execution of executive communications programs.
- Craft & oversee multiple executives platforms, research new topics, & pioneer creative ways to share stories across different channels, including but not limited to videos, blog posts, bylines, & social media.
- Manage & build a highly-skilled team of executive communication leads.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives for technical & enterprise audiences.
- Partner closely with Oktas corporate events team, internal design team, & external partners to bring our executives messaging & vision to life via compelling presentations & speeches.
- Collaborate with the global content & communications team & our agency partners around the world to build & expand on Oktas executive communications program.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.