We are looking for a finance manager with an accounting background & in-depth SAP functional knowledge to join Pelotons Finance Transformation Team. It is an exciting time to join the Finance Transformation team, as we are currently building the best in class Finance solution with the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA. You will be a key member on the implementation project & in the post-go live organization. We are looking for a candidate with previous experience supporting Finance teams in their use of SAP focusing on Management Accounting module & its integration with procure-to-pay, manufacturing & order-to-cash.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting & Finance subject matter experts to understand business requirements & develop a deep understanding of Pelotons financial processes. Combined with your knowledge of SAP, you will work closely with IT & our integration partner to come up with best in class solutions that will create efficiencies to the accounting close process & support Pelotons evolving business at scale. In addition, you will partner cross-functionally with critical areas of the business, including supply chain & logistics, sales & eCommerce, & technology/engineering to deliver a truly integrated ERP system.
The ideal candidate is a system-savvy problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment & who consistently exceeds expectations. This role requires proficiency in the analysis of system requirements & solution design. An effective candidate will be expected to contribute relevant technical, functional, & process expertise, negotiate & drive alignment across the broader Finance & Accounting organization & cross functional partners. We are looking for an agile team-player who enjoys working with different parts of the organization, & also has a solid foundational understanding of financial accounting & internal controls.
We are looking for candidates who have held similar positions in public companies, or who have held functional lead level positions with a consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 7 or more years. Demonstrated experience in providing leadership to meet complex challenges will be expected, as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Play a leading role in Pelotons implementation of SAP S/4HANA & other related supply chain system implementations, with a specific focus on integration points between supply chain & financial processes
- Collaborate & partner closely with internal stakeholders on the Connected Fitness Inventory accounting team, tax, & FP&A teams to ensure the design & functionality of the SAP S/4 Hana solution (including integrated supply chain systems) is driving value & efficiency for the organization.
- Take an active role in the test phase of the project - build test scenarios, scripts & support end users with all testing phases
- Support data cleansing & conversion activities for financial data
- Help with development of relevant training materials & SOPs, & training delivery to Accounting & Finance team members
- Ability to problem solve & provide hands-on support during post-go live hyper care & support phases
- Following go-live, continuously look to make improvements to the system; spearhead enhancement projects & support strategic initiatives key to Pelotons overall strategy
- Provide perspective from your industry experience on how Peloton should operate - what processes should we further standardize or differentiate to build a best in class supply chain & finance operating model
- Define & drive documentation of current & target state business processes & related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, SME, Process Designer, & Systems Architect as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Develop strong working relationships with the Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Finance, IT, & Member Experiences teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Degree in accounting, business, computer science and/or related experience
- 7+ years experience of related experience in large companies
- Experience completing a full cycle SAP ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements, & support
- Hands on & strong understanding of SAP Material Ledger (Multiple valuation, actual costing), Product costing, Intercompany & transfer pricing
- Hands-on & understand integration with Procure to pay process, Quote to cash cycle, & Plan to Inventory cycle
- Ability to manage team & vendor relationships
- CPA, MBA, and/or equivalent
- Knowledge of subscription product is a plus
- Knowledge of indirect taxes (US/EMEA/APAC)
- Understanding of operational accounting concepts, including intercompany transactions for multi-entity environment & accounting considerations related to manufacturing, inventory management, & procurement processes.
- Direct experience working with best in class supply chain systems - big ERP, transportation management systems, quality management systems, manufacturing systems, warehouse management systems
- Experience with SAP reporting tools - Business Objects (Analysis for Office, Web Intelligence)
- Proficient communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels & to understand & express complex technical & accounting concepts
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on issue resolution
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail & adaptability to take on new projects & challenges.
- Worked in a fast-paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.