Glossier is looking for a Quality Engineer to assist in building standards around quality engineering, quality assurance & manufacturing engineering. This position is a unique opportunity to help be a major contributor in the build out of the product integrity function at Glossier, including defining quality processes, supplier audit procedures, manufacturing documentation & overall expectations of excellence to support each product launch & post launch troubleshooting in mass production. She/he will interact with many cross functional teams from marketing to product development to customer support, drive a culture of quality, & be in constant communication with Glossiers supplier base, ensuring utmost quality for every product delivered to our customers.
- Oversee manufacturing activities at each product launch (depending on risk level) & ongoing production. Assist in the development & approval of product quality specifications, standards, inspection processes, defect definitions & tolerance levels for each layer of product quality.
- Assist & manage ongoing functional testing, dimensional analysis & defective product evaluation for proactive & reactive problem solving at both scaleup & ongoing production stages.
- Advise suppliers to design optimal incoming, inline & outgoing quality inspection criteria & testing SOPs, & establish communication protocol for sharing this data.
- Develop & apply in-depth understanding of Glossiers manufacturing processes & work with product & packaging development teams to influence future product roadmap, product design & product decisions.
- Issue resolution & reporting
- Coordinate with the gTeam (customer support team) to align on defects/returns & feedback from the customer & reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other technical related discipline
- 5 years of quality experience within manufacturing, processing & engineering in chemical, CPG or cosmetics industry or equivalent experiences
- Demonstrated ability to learn & grow in overall quality knowledge & lean tools
- Quality tool knowledge in data collection, process control
- Self-motivated & proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking capabilities
- Team player with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Schedule to support domestic & international travel (up to 30%)
- Ability to multitask & adapt to a rapidly evolving product environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling, startup culture
- Six Sigma & or Lean certification preferred
- ASQ certifications preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.