Via is looking for an exceptional risk manager to join us as we look to rapidly grow our business to provide on-demand shared mobility technology to public & private sector customers around the world through our innovative consumer, SaaS & TaaS (transportation-as-a-service) service models.
As ViasRisk Manager - Insurance, you will have the unique opportunity of being the Companys first full-time risk manager tapped to lead the Risk function at Via, which is currently a cross-functional team with members from Finance, Operations & Legal. You will be the first hire to focus specifically on leading Vias approach to strategic risk & managing its complex global insurance program. You will work closely with members of the Legal & Finance teams, gaining hands-on exposure to all aspects of risk management at a fast-growing startup.
- The Risk Manager will be responsible for the strategy, implementation & results for all lines of the Companys global insurance program including commercial general liability, auto liability, umbrella/excess, global property, casualty, professional & management liability (D&O), cyber risk/ Errors & Omissions, key person life insurance, employment practices, workers compensation & public & products liability.
- The Risk Manager will lead a quarterly risk assessment process across the organization, devising & measuring performance against key compliance metrics relating to insurance requirements, transportation network carrier license holder requirements, auto safety & loss prevention practices & data protection across jurisdictions in which the Company operates.
- Key areas of responsibility include:
- Policy renewals (and audits) for all lines of coverage (domestic & international), including insurer meetings, collection, aggregation, & collation of all underwriting data, preparation & submission of applications & all supporting documents, negotiation of terms, limits, retentions & pricing, policy issuance & review, & premium invoicing payment & allocation.
- Claims management & advocacy, including claims investigations, claims coverage determinations, loss reduction program implementation & management, claims reporting, third party administrator, broker, & insurer contact & coordination, claims oversight, claims meetings & reviews, litigation support, reserve management, settlement negotiations & authorizations, & claims tracking & reporting.
- Review of insurance terms & indemnifications in vendor service agreements, commercial contracts with SaaS & TaaS partners, including negotiation of coverages, limits & retentions, special language requirements, coverage grants, & COI issuance for all business agreements, partnerships, contracts, & leases.
- Negotiation & maintenance of collateral requirements for contracts & licenses, including letters of credit, performance bonds & surety bonds.
- Insurance budget estimating & tracking, for all Via entities.
- General oversight & management of Vias process to form a captive insurance company, including coordination with Vias executive team, captive manager, third-party claims administrator, regulators in captive market & actuary.
- Support all Via entities insurance needs, including reviewing & advising on various day-to-day issues & concerns involving auto liability, trust & safety, insurance coverages, claims, certificates of insurance, & policies, programs & procedures.
- Administration & research of general risk/insurance related issues, including adequacy of coverages, new coverages, developing trends & exposures, market conditions, broker relations, responding to regulatory & insurer inquiries, records retention ands management.
- Provide risk management assistance to companys joint ventures, strategic partnerships & in connection with potential strategic transactions.
- The position reports [jointly] to [the General Counsel/CFO].
- 5-10 years of risk management experience, either on the underwriting or brokerage side, or with managing the insurance program of a high growth venture-backed startup.
- Experience with bespoke auto risk, on-demand mobility insurance programs, insurance for the sharing economy, and/or experience with captive formation all a plus.
- Meticulous & vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Creative & innovative thinker with an outside the box approach you are constantly generating new ideas & thinking about different ways to do things.
- Willing to wear multiple hats & quickly master new lines of insurance & unique challenges of the bespoke insurance required in the on-demand / sharing economy.
- Demonstrated ability to execute & implement a highly customized global insurance program.
- Team player who works well cross-functionally
- High-energy & enjoy working autonomously
- Outstanding drafter & negotiator with proven expertise in selection of insurance carriers, program renewals & negotiations.
- Business-minded & commercial with great instincts & judgment.
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills; knowledge of finance & accounting
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; you can explain insurance to anybody!
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, & development.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or JD a plus.
- Location New York, NY.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.