Design the products that power global trade
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a design leader with a strong product vision to elevate the current offering & formulate a compelling business & research supported roadmap for the future. This individual sets a high bar for UX quality & knows how to consistently execute at that level. As a key stakeholder in the product development process, much collaboration will be required with Senior Leadership & the broader UX team. To be successful, this leader must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, think deeply, & communicate clearly. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Product Design Lead on the Flexport UX team you will focus on building delightful & intuitive experiences for our clients to manage their global supply chains. You will craft features that enable users to prioritize, plan, & execute international shipments that travel via ocean & air. You will develop a customer platform that evolves with our growing portfolio of logistics services & work on products that serve users around the world.
- Contribute to raise the bar for design at Flexport.
- Help formulate the product vision that may span multiple product areas.
- Inspire the team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data & Business peers.
- Lead research & generate powerful insights to improve product design.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Flexport to ensure we create a consistent & cohesive overall product.
- Help evolve Flexport design processes & guidelines.
- Create high quality designs & strives to ensure other designers achieve the same standards.
- Lead design critiques, design community initiatives, & aspects of candidate interviews.
- Ensure your team leverages & contributes to the Flexport Design System.
- Help evolve our current product design to align with Flexports brand in collaboration with the Brand Team.
You should have:
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated long term thinking around strategic & business focused activities.
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop & mobile.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research & data science to leverage their respective insights.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership & guide a team towards achieving a common goal.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.