Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a PR Intern to join our Communication & Corporate Affairs team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have first-hand PR internship experience and/or an educational background in the field. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs based in our New York City office (working remotely, for now!).
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Media Monitoring + Reporting: Track & report on all editorial placements, VIP & celebrity sightings & social coverage, & product placement exposures; sharing via appropriate channels & contributing to internal reports.
- Sample + Gifting Management: Oversee Aways sample & gifting inventory, coordinating requests from media, VIP & celebrities, & product placement. Closely track promo code usage & reporting product breakdown for monthly budget.
- Media Lists: Thoughtfully research & build media lists based on press team initiatives & manage Aways in-house contact database (consistently inputting editors contact information, as well as gifting & event attendance history) to ensure our team has an up-to-date roster of media relationships.
- Asset + Early Unit Management: In partnership with the PR Senior Associate, manage the timely receipt of creative assets & early product samples to support PR initiatives, coordinating closely with cross-functional counterparts. Ensure the organization & maintenance of digital press assets via Widen DAM, ensuring quality content is available to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Writing: Support PR team with written content, contributing to Q&As, statements, talking points, award nominations and/or media pitches.
- Event Support: Support the PR team on press events or cross-functional brand activations.
- Research: Analyze & generate reports to contribute to the strategic efforts of the PR function (whether evaluating competitors editorial, market trends, or otherwise).
- Support: Provide general administrative support to the team including but not limited to: putting together briefing docs, managing meetings (booking conference rooms, conference call set up, visitor management, agendas, internal hospitality), coordinating deliveries, filing expenses, etc.
Who you are:
- You have previous internship experience at a public relations agency or an in-house public relations / communications team.
- You show strong attention to detail & have exceptional organizational skills.
- You are eager to learn & take on new & varied responsibilities.
- Youre a relationship-builder. Youre able to work seamlessly with other teams internally, as well as agency partners externally.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Maintaining positivity & poise in even the most stressful situations
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.