ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
Skimm HQ is growing quickly & were looking for someone to join us as additional support to the IT Manager. You will have the opportunity to support our IT foundation & enhance our practices. Youll help manage all our internal systems & technologies, as well as provide day-to-day IT support to help the company work more efficiently & securely. Reporting to our IT Manager & working alongside our Engineering team, you will also have the opportunity to learn about software operations & infrastructure.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Support large IT projects, including the design & deployment of new IT systems & services
- Support technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, & user projects
- Work with external vendors for any repairs/technical work requests
- Management of software lifecycle / license management
- Be the first point of contact for helpdesk & troubleshooting support to employees on a daily basis
- Keep user software up to date
- Onboard & offboard employees
- Manage office AV equipment
- Manage Wifi & phone systems
- Ensure security of data, network access & backup systems
- Manage hardware inventory & health/software
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Interest in IT related work & technology
- Excellent customer service skills
- History of demonstrating critical thinking & troubleshooting ability
- Effective verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently & is a self-starter
- Ability to adapt to evolving organization & changes in priority
- Passion for theSkimm & its mission
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, product managers, engineers, analysts, sellers, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives.
Come join us!
This is a full-time role with flexibility for remote work. While our employees are continuing to work remotely throughout the remainder of 2021, we are excited to return to HQ in New York, NY next year. Beginning in January 2022, the office will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday & NY metro area employees will come together in person a minimum of 3 days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employee & they may go in as often as they'd like.
We will require vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations for any additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.