Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) at Stack Overflow, youll work in tandem with multiple internal stakeholders to renew & grow business in our existing client base. The CSM can give strategic guidance & advice to customers of various sizes along various points of their customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort, & ideas will matter. Youre relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, & pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product youre selling & take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What youll do:
- Strong awareness of the customer journey & how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Be responsible for validating & championing the expansion & adoption growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Engage & meet with customers for Executive Reviews in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs, opportunities & possible solutions
- Coach & drive customers toward the maximum value application of Stack Overflow alongside their business needs on a defined timeline, promoting methodologies & business practices that create customer experts
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement & satisfaction with a focus on customer value & loyalty
- Identify common customer challenges amongst your CSM cohort & their books of business to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Account Executive, Product, Engineering & Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Ability to craft internal & customer-facing assets
- Help drive customer references & case studies
What youll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management, or strategic consulting role; enterprise software or SaaS experience is a preferred
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Passion for building trust & communicating effectively with customers
- Proactive, curious-minded, & organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty, & adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills & experience building strong internal & external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize & multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, & poise under pressure when working through customer issues
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce & CS-centric tools is a plus
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.