If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered & trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions & use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills & play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical & digital worlds. We know that successful change & progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Magic Leap is seeking a Consultant with 15+ years experience to join the hardware team working on our next generation products. We are looking for a subject matter expert in integration of lithium ion batteries in mobile electronics.
- Deep knowledge in lithium metal/lithium-ion materials, chemistry & battery components, aging modes & performance modeling
- Subject Matter Expert on integrating battery products in mobile devices
- Identify lithium-ion battery technologies including chemistry/cell/pack
- Experience with power management design for mobile electronics
- Experience in battery testing & battery safety & reliability
- Experience designing battery system features such as fuel gauging, dead battery recovery, battery savings modes, etc.
- Working with chargers, PD controllers, USBC standards.
- Experience researching & developing new technologies from concept to productization
- Battery definition / Battery Management System design (BMS)
- Battery life optimization
- Charger design
- USBC standard & Power Delivery
- Cadence or other schematics/layout tools
- Analog / Digital circuit design
- PMIC, VRM, DC/DC & LDO design
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups.