At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.Lyfts industrial design team is seeking a passionate Senior Industrial Designer to help expand our capabilities.
The Senior Industrial Designer is expected to have a deep knowledge of the entire industrial design process from conceptualization, to design strategy, to project management, & manufacturing support. Lyft will rely on the Senior Industrial Designer to be an expert contributor & design leader, innovating & pushing the Industrial Design, Brand, & Product vision beyond the competition. This person will be expected to successfully guide products all the way to production.
The Senior Industrial Designer practices their craft at the highest level & has the ability to juggle full design & development programs with smaller design initiatives. This person should possess ample ideation & innovation skills to envision & clearly articulate the story of the next generation product line.
Lyft Industrial Design is a new division working on a broad variety of hardware efforts such as autonomous cars, micro-mobility & rideshare. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves & hustle. We are moving fast, innovating, & operating with ambiguity. You should be self motivated & flexible to lend a hand as new obstacles arise.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to successfully visualize concepts & translate them into feasible solutions, all while balancing innovation with functional requirements & on-brand design
- Conceptualize aesthetic & functional solutions while integrating insights
- Lead design reviews & manage design programs
- Work with research specialists to produce user-centric & market-appropriate concepts
- Work closely with executives & the leadership team on key strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with engineers on innovative design solution that can be produced at scale
- 8+ years of professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Proven track record of design excellence as reflected in awards or industry recognition
- Demonstrated design & development of products taken to market
- Broad-based experience designing product for multiple categories
- Expertise in design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills; comfortable with communicating & interacting effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management, customers, partners & suppliers
- Expert CAD & 3D photo-rendering, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Experience in managing external design agencies is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.