Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 7 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Property Services Coordinator to support all functions of our Property Services team. As a key member of Commons Property Services team, youll play an invaluable role in ensuring that our homes are running smoothly & that Common is performing toward the aggressive expenses goal weve set. This role reports to the Senior Manager Property Services.
- Manage & track expenses across a portfolio of over 40 homes
- Suggest improvements for homes based on annual budgets
- Ensure that new properties being onboarded to Common are up to operating standards
- Own & set up all systems related to our homes
- Troubleshoot & fix issues related to access & internet systems at our homes
- Train & support a team of Maintenance Techs & Porters ensuring that all preventative maintenance tasks are handled
- Own shared goods purchasing & distribution process
- Manage, track & ensure execution of all annual inspections for our homes
- Handle & resolve any property violations that might arise
- & other duties & ad hoc projects from time to time & based on business needs
- 2+ years of experience working in an operational role
- Comfortable working with budgets & data sets
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, & ability to handle high volume & manage your own time
- Self-starter thats comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment & able to make smart decisions quickly using both data & strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give & receive constructive feedback
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.