Build the programs to help Flexport grow
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to define & drive our Ocean product roadmap, one of the companys largest revenue generators. Our mission is to make shipping ocean freight as easy, seamless, & reliable as possible. You will help scale the business while continuing to drive down costs & increase customer & client satisfaction. Come join us in our mission to make global trade easy for everyone!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, & Technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, & operations specialists to define the product & implement your product vision
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, & how Flexport can differentiate its products
- Help set Flexports 3-5 year Ocean strategy & how we will get there
You should have:
- 5-plus years of product management experience - youve launched some seriously complex initiatives
- You've managed less senior PMs
- You are technically competent - you can discuss APIs & services with engineers (but you dont need to be able to write code!)
- You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, & drive consensus across functions & teams
- You care about team culture & want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.