BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
- Produce & creative, low-cost videos that are in line with, & even potentially elevate the Cocoa Butter mission
- Ideate, pitch & execute viral formats, including assigned & original videos
- Keep up-to-date on conversations, talent & topics that are trending on the internet & create quick turnaround video ideas off of them
- Implement feedback from Supervising Producers & team members in a timely manner
- Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Use viewer & platform data to continuously improve & refine video ideas & execution
- Work with the Publishing Team to grow the Cocoa Butter channel
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & the entire CC suite
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat (preferably YouTube, but not required)
- Passionate about the internet & creating digital video content
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Must have experience behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound
- Experience in front of a camera appreciated, but not required
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on YouTube within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.