BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news & commentary for the most diverse & connected generation ever with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment & more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power & telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
BuzzFeed is looking for a detailed customer-service focused individual to help manage & support BuzzFeed's advertising operations. As the Senior Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, & develop ideas & concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling & insights. You will serve as the clients primary point of contact to ensure the success of the program.
- Nurturing established territories while also having the opportunity to sell & develop untapped regions.
- The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized & is great at identifying & closing business across specific categories Meet or exceed revenue goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content. & programmatic.
- Build existing account relationships while prospecting & developing new accounts.
- Schedule & execute at least 10 face-to-face meetings a week including lunches, dinners, & client entertaining.
- Act as a liaison between Complex & advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social & mobile promotions.
- Gather market & advertiser information through competitive websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing & editorial developments & special
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth & joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen & interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 6+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- MUST HAVE experience selling digital content & big ideas.
- Exceptional client relationship & communication skills
- Campaign management experience
- Win-Win attitude with a hunger to meet & exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced & deadline driven environment
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) skillset
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.