Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help the leading organizations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Director of Project Management at Purpose, you will work jointly with the Project Lead(s) & Project Principal(s) to successfully deliver projects to our clients while keeping Purpose accountable & disciplined internally.
This is a Contract based position with a duration of 3 months, & possibility of conversion to full time employment based on a number of factors, including performance.
You will report to the Head of Project Management, based in Purpose's New York headquarters. Candidates who can begin immediately are strongly encouraged to apply. This role will be remote for the next few months, until it is safe to go back to normal office operations.
This role is offered at the Associate Director tier with a salary range of $80,000 - $105,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Account & Project Management - As a Project Manager, you will manage the day-to-day communication & operational aspects of our projects. Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all tactical or operational questions about the project within Purpose, & from vendors/freelancers.
- Nurture & grow client relationships by establishing professional, trust-based partnerships between clients & Purpose.
- Drive client service & serve as a day-to-day contact for clients in conjunction with project lead.
- Seek opportunities for new business with existing & future client partners.
- Partner with project functional leads to ensure timely delivery of top-quality content for clients.
- Manage & schedule project meetings, both internally & with clients.
- Organize client feedback, manage feedback integration, & follow-up on changes.
- Capture notes, summarized decisions, & next steps for internal & external meetings.
- Create & maintain detailed timelines / work plans for all project deliverables & key milestones; hold delivery teams (i.e. strategy, campaigns, creative, freelancers, vendors) accountable to project plans.
- Track project budget finances & staff hours consistently & accurately based on time management systems within project budget tracker systems.
- Identify stakeholders & attendees for crucial recurring & ad-hoc discussions; escalate communications (as needed) between Client & Purpose teams to align on expectations, roles, goals, & solutions for roadblocks.
- Lead project status update meetings & communications to internal teams & clients.
- Support the Project Lead(s) in preparing project kickoffs, weekly client check-ins, project debriefs and/and pause-and-reflect sessions to identify & capture recommendations for future execution.
- Support ad-hoc project needs, including CMS content population, CMS walkthroughs, & functional QA testing on websites.
Internal Operations - In addition to project work, you will help keep the internal operational wheels of Purpose turning by:
- Own the coordination of Project Start / Midpoint / Close, meetings with Managing Director, VP of Finance, Project Principal & Project Lead. Maintain supporting project data to inform discussions & decisions.
- Work closely with Resource & Operations Managers to ensure appropriate resources are available to deliver client work & maximize performance & productivity. Ensure quality of freelancers & vendors & manage contract processes internally.
- Gather & summarizing key takeaways for Project Dashboards (to share insights on projects team/client/financial health) that inform our Executive team
- Work closely with our Finance team to confirm the accuracy & schedule of invoices (client, freelancers, & vendors) in our approval management system.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Management to capture feedback throughout the project lifecycle & to contribute to the iteration of existing processes aimed at making project delivery more effective.
- Initiate thought leadership projects that enhance our reputation & add value to our client work.
- Develop & maintain professional development & mentoring relationships with managees.
- Contribute to processes & tool development to improve PM practice & employee experience at Purpose.
We think you will be a successful candidate if you hold:
- 7+ years of project management or account management experience in a fast-paced, agency environment (i.e. design services, creative agencies, video production, strategy consulting, event production, community engagement, workshops, or digital marketing), demonstrating a consistent ability to deliver against project plans on time & on budget.
- Ability to be diplomatic & solutions-oriented under stress; demonstrate impeccable communication skills (written/verbal) & interpersonal skills (listening/empathy)
- A keen attention to detail & budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes & techniques including digital platforms
- Excellent track record of time management, systems organization, & follow-up
- Agility & flexibility towards evolving responsibilities & last minute project changes
- Facilitation skills for navigating complex internal & external conversations with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative & inclusive ethos about working with global teams that are from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinker, have high integrity, a team player with hands-on attitude, & a passionate problem-solving spirit
- Skilled in creating & maintaining spreadsheets.
- Experienced with Google Suite, & adept in building & updating slides in presentation decks (Google Slides)
- Have a demonstrated interest in social impact issues & advocacy
- Are committed to creating a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.