CARMERAs mission is to build & maintain the worlds leading road intelligence platform to deliver safe autonomy for all. We recently joined Woven Planet [the advanced mobility subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation] which will help fuel our pursuit of our mission. To deliver on our goals, we are building a service with the ability to detect street-level changes & publish them in near real-time. Were in need of a Senior Technical Program Manager to help clarify, align & steer engineering resources through key checkpoints to get there.
This is an incredible opportunity to be the founding TPM at CARMERA & help develop what the TPM role means here. As a Sr TPM you will work on the most exciting & challenging mapping products around. We are looking for someone who loves diving deep into complex technical projects & creating order. You will help define how we effectively report our progress to executives & be member of a great team working to create Autonomous Driving maps for the world.
- Work in ambiguous circumstances & take large, complex projects from conception to individual manageable pieces which can be tracked & delivered on
- Analyze, plan & develop templates & standards in reference to planning documents
- Ensure team members are actively working toward established milestones & metrics.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress & address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Determine & define clear deliverables, roles & responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Develop clear, concise documentation & reports for senior executives to show how our progress aligns with our overarching strategic objectives
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following:
- You have 5+ years of experience in technical leadership positions & possess the ability to predict challenges & proactively head-off obstacles.
- You possess analytical, computer, math & problem-solving skills that enhance your understanding of our products.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies & methods.
- You have excellent time management & organizational skills along with experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- You possess excellent written & verbal communication skills - including the development/delivery of executive presentations..
- You have managed multiple stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- You have previously been a software engineer.
- You have experienced building & delivering global scale mapping products.
- You have successfully managed multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess a start-up mindset: a great team player who is never afraid to roll up one's sleeves
- You recognize when conversations at any level are bearing fruit, & when they need to be spun off to a smaller group.
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive cash & equity compensation package
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans & more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms & time-off
- Flex Perks (flexible funds for professional development, wellness or productivity)
- Generous paid, parental leave (16 weeks for Primary Caregivers | 8 weeks for Secondary Caregivers)
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data & AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds & embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to US-based applicants with preference for SFO, NYC or SEA.
We are an equal opportunity employer & diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice & overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups & individuals.