At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts Bikes & Scooters (LBS) team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for a strategic Associate HR Business Partner to help support & align to our growing Bikes & Scooters Tech organization. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments & can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, & fun culture!
- Serve as the first point of contact for tech team members
- Share Lyfts People policies & practices, & field team member questions of all types, from performance management to leaves of absence
- Assure the integrity of permanent electronic employee records & files, including processing new hire paperwork, exit paperwork, HRIS updates, leave of absence paperwork, & other records & reports
- Support the People Team in executing company-wide People programs & strategic projects focused on building Lyfts culture & strengthening team member engagement, including performance management, engagement survey action planning, & team development
- Hone your already-strong communication skills, & support good change management through open, honest, & timely communication
- Administer leaves of absence, counseling employees about their leave options & coaching managers through employee leaves; initiate the interactive process for employees requesting disability accommodations
- Work with the HRBP to assist with internal investigations & prepare all required documentation
- Experience in HR or HR-related working experience; with demonstrated experience in employee relations and/or performance management
- Independent, organized, & passionate about detail
- A team player. Excellent at building relationships within your team & across teams
- A motivated & active learner. If you dont understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, & you arent afraid to ask when you need help
- A track record of owning projects or programs end to end, including, but not limited to, communications & change management
- Excellent multi-tasking skills & ability to juggle multiple projects & deadlines at once
- Superb written & verbal communication skills
- A passion for people, a strong sense of personal integrity, & a desire to do the right thing
- Proven ability to think critically & anticipate issues before they arise, & proactively suggest big-picture solutions
- Bonus points if you are proficient in French!
- Experience working with Canada or an international client group a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.