At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Quality & Technical Manager who will lead strategic, data driven initiatives & manage the processes necessary to ensure ingredients within the Grocery category meet our rigorous quality standards & come from the safest production sites. Reporting to the Senior Manager of FSQA, you will assess all Grocery suppliers & act as the gatekeeper of the supply chain. You will also work closely with internal & international stakeholders to develop & implement a robust product specification program that will be leveraged to drive quality to the next level. As part of the FSQA team, you will play a key role in meeting an aggressive set of objectives that will further elevate the level of quality standards at HelloFresh & ensure we deliver a consistently positive experience for our customers.
- Analyze data (errors, NPS) to identify strategic opportunities to drive quality improvement via changes to product & process, both within our Distribution Centers & at our Suppliers production facilities
- Lead the development of updated spec standards for the Grocery category; ensure quality, safety & sustainability fields align with HelloFresh policies & requirements
- Own the assessment & approval of new suppliers; conduct thorough supplier audits
- Identify any major supplier deficiencies & work with the appropriate teams to develop & implement corrective actions to mitigate risk & improve supplier compliance
- Assure ongoing compliance with internal quality, SL, authenticity & micro requirements; developing & implementing testing plans
- Support technical risk assessments & root cause analysis on ad hoc issues identified at the DCs as well as cross-department projects related to product improvement
- Be accountable for meeting a challenging, but exciting set of targets
At a minimum, you have:
- 4-5 yrs experience in food production/food industry; exposure to meal kits an advantage
- Post-secondary education in Science or Engineering, specialization in food preferred
- Supplier assessment, auditing & spec management experience are key
- Analytical & data driven; in depth understanding of Excel/Google Sheets & aptitude to learn new technical systems with ease
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable working closely with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels of the business to implement change
- Technical understanding of broad range of SKUs covered by the Grocery category (sauces, spices, pastas, baked goods & beyond) is ideal but can be developed
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, & be comfortable traveling (approx. 30% of work) as needed to support the business, visiting suppliers & our DCs
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.