BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashBlade team is responsible for the FlashBlade product product line. With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file & object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk & Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, & many more use cases.
We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer who loves to solve hard problems & create reliable, scalable, high-performance tools & infrastructure to support other engineers. You will be-
- Designing, building, & managing a rapidly growing infrastructure (both physical & virtual servers as well as networking & storage) by creating scalable, reliable & consistent deployment patterns for an environment which is critical to the internal testing & development of Pure Storage products.
- Supporting a dedicated set of brilliant software & hardware engineers in a startup-like environment.
- Bringing new ideas & innovations to the table, with a focus on continuous improvement & productivity of the team overall.
- Responding reliably, taking ownership, & participating in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Working autonomously, with minimal supervision & communicating early & often. We dont value unnecessary meetings & micro-management we value getting things done & done right!
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of solid infrastructure administration experience, designing & implementing virtualization & automation environments preferably in a DevOps setting (OpenStack, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Deep understanding of monitoring & log aggregation, as well as the creation of meaningful dashboards to quickly convey service & infrastructure status.
- Broad experience in DevOps best practices with on-prem, cloud, automation & self-service capabilities.
- Passionate operational mindset with hands-on experience diagnosing & troubleshooting systems, including performance management & capacity planning.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible & Puppet.
- Strong scripting or development experience (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Familiar with networking concepts & services - both IPv4 & IPv6 - (DNS/DHCP, NFS, CIFS/SMB, NAT, WMI/WSMAN, etc.).
- Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, can-do attitude, urgency & drive.
- Physical ability to lift & rack equipment (approx. 30 lbs.).
- Ability to be on-call 24x7 at least one week per month.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.