B2B Sales & Business Development Manager
About the company
Boxed is the easiest & modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
Boxed B2B is made up of Small-to-Medium (SMB), Enterprise, & Commercial businesses. As a Sales & Business Development Manager, you will primarily be responsible for lead generation, sales, & retention for the SMB segment. We are seeking an experienced professional with a proven track record in identifying & converting revenue opportunities, building & managing customer relationships, & executing business expansion strategies. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, be independently responsible for achieving business results while collaborating closely with key stakeholders to execute on the day-to-day operation.
You will focus on:
- Customer Acquisition Work closely with the Head of B2B to develop a robust sales strategy, by using data & market insights, to reach new customers across different industries. Responsible for executing on that strategy via generating sales leads, converting leads into revenue, & managing after-sale support for select strategic accounts. You will need to become well-versed in understanding B2B prospects needs & leveraging Boxeds products & services to meet those needs. You will also need to be comfortable with both inbound lead conversion & outbound prospecting.
- Customer Retention & Re-engagement Responsible for the ongoing management of select key accounts while working closely with Marketing, Product, Merchandising & Business Analytics to identify new, creative ways of improving customer engagement. Provide general support to the team on meeting its overall monthly KPI targets
- Product & Customer Feedback Frequently funnel customer insights & feedback back to internal stakeholders to enable smarter business decisions. Ability to thoughtfully turn learnings into actionable tactics is a plus
- Operational Support Support daily business operations (eg. process / manage B2B orders, project manage key initiatives, act as B2B point-of-contact to liaise with internal teams, etc) & process optimization where needed
- 3+ years of B2B sales or business development experience, preferably in B2B ecommerce / consumer products & services
- Experience creating sales leads & finding innovative ways of reaching new customers
- Self-starter mentality; excited by a growth environment & willing to try new strategies while keeping the focus on achieving results. Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done & no job is too small
- Analytical thinking with a data-driven mentality & strong business judgment. Able to synthesize data & pull key insights
- Strong communication skills, both written & oral, with a keen attention to detail
- Embodies teamwork; significant interaction with employees at all levels
- Bachelors degree preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Pet-friendly office