The Quality Assurance Supervisor, Food Safety position is responsible for all quality assurance & food safety related internal audits in adherence with regulatory standards. The position supervises the QA Food Safety team leads & food safety technicians operating on both day & night shifts. Additionally, the position develops, implements & manages quality control & food safety systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials & applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications & production goals).
- Manage plant compliance of Organic, Gluten Free, Health Department, SQF & other regulatory programs
- Manages the department engaged in inspection & testing activities to ensure high productivity & high technical integrity.
- Ensure a high level of internal & external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues & complaints relating to quality.
- Develop & analyze statistical data & product specifications to determine standards & to establish quality & reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability & minimize costs.
- Create, document & implement inspection criteria & procedures.
- Interpret quality control & food safety philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop & implement quality control training programs.
- Provide, & oversee inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Interact with procurement to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Address nonconformities from previous internal & external audits.
- Conduct a management review of the quality & food safety systems.
- Follow-up on & closing pending preventive & corrective action requests.
- Ensure that organizational systems & training is in place.
- Ensure that documentation & design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administer document control & configuration management system.
- Oversee established calibration & testing program.
- Assist the management team & provide QA support as necessary.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Leadership: train & develop a team of food safety employees
- SQF Practitioner and/or Production Quality Assurance leadership experience
- Performance Management: assist management for assigned production lines
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction & relay information to employees
- Associates degree or related management work experience
- At least 3 years of work experience in quality assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality food safety assurance supervisor, & with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
- SQF practitioner/HACCP Certification preferred
- PCQI preferred
Pay Range: $55,000-$65,000