BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Weve built the worlds first all-flash storage, the introduction of the first evergreen storage model, the first AI-ready infrastructure, became the first fastest-growing private company (prior to IPO), & now we are the first to tackle the modern data experience. Why? Our mission is to constantly innovate to enable our customers to innovate.
Pure in Prague: Pure Storage is building its first R&D site outside of North America in Prague, Czech Republic.
The goal is to build a world-class engineering capability to support our rapidly expanding customer base & to expand Pures capacity to leverage local & regional talent pools
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Lead & manage the CNBU Prague engineering team that works on all cloud-native technology products for CNBU (Portworx)
- Work with Prague Talent & HR teams to hire & retain the best talent from the industry to join & grow with the Pure Prague team
- Partner with other engineering leaders within CNBU & enable the Prague team to contribute to all the ongoing product development & quality assurance activities to ensure the success of the product & the business
- Work with different engineering teams in CNBU to ensure the Prague team is able to seamlessly integrate into the execution, understand any execution challenges & work with respective stakeholders to address them.
- Work with broader Pure team to understand & implement company best practices & enable the Prague CNBU engineering team to interface well with other Pure teams as needed
- Work proactively with Customer Support & Success teams to help address any customer issues & questions that might be related to the CNBU products being developed in Prague
- Manage day-to-day activities of the team ensure maximum success for ongoing efforts for the CNBU Prague engineering team.
- Enable the overall Pure Prague team to excel & ensure to work towards the common goal of establishing Pure as the worldwide leader in storage & data management as well as one of the best employers, particularly in Prague
If you bring the following to the table, along with a strong desire to win, you are a great fit for this role:
- Minimum of 15 years of software development experience with at least 5 years of management experience in managing global software development & QA teams working on cloud & cloud related technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior experience in one or more of Storage Technologies, Backup & Recovery Software, Databases, Messaging Systems, Web & Cloud Middleware & Backends.
- Prior experience in managing software development teams working with one or more of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, Golang
- Prior experience managing software QA & Automation teams would be a plus
- Prior experience managing UI development teams would be a plus
- Good understanding of basic operating systems, distributed systems & networking architecture concepts
- Proven leadership skills in managing diverse teams with different backgrounds, managing through change & influence outcomes across the organization around the globe
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.