At Kobalt, were building the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in todays complex & changing music landscape. Join us to help create a better music industry & bring the industry into the digital age. We are hiring a Marketing Assistant in New York to report to our Chief Marketing Officer. This is a great opportunity to learn & grow with a fast-paced global marketing team. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, a positive & hard-working attitude, & a strong passion for people & music. You are deeply connected to music & pop culture & are curious & have an innate desire to experience new things & share those experiences. You are creative, a natural problem solver, dependable, astute at organizational management, & a team player.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform can track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently 640 people based across 13 offices & were still growing!
WHAT DOES A MARKETING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT?
- Day-to-day coordination of marketing interns
- Building marketing & sales presentations
- Process invoices & payments on behalf of the marketing team
- Coordinate artist asset approvals
- Manage team meeting notes & follow ups with stakeholders
- Arrange team meetings & functions
- Assist in event coordination & partnership marketing
- Assist in content marketing
- Schedule team meetings & comms
- Stay up-to-date with marketing best practices
- Conduct competitive research
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- Positive, helpful, disarming attitude
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize work eectively
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized & a creative & critical thinker
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Not just be an individual contributor, you love helping teammates achieve their own goals too
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.