Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are currently seeking an experienced Packaging Engineer to lead our packaging engineering team as we continue to expand our product offerings. As the Lead Engineer you will be responsible for all innovation, quality & cost improvement projects relating to our packaging. This includes cold chain packaging solutions as well as primary packaging of ingredients for our D2C products. You will lead a team of engineers in maintaining & advancing our current packaging by qualifying new suppliers, optimizing specifications & configurations as well as innovating on new configurations as our product range expands.
Lead packaging development & optimization
- Manage our existing portfolio & partner with vendors & manufacturers to optimize & qualify packaging
- Collaborate with our Product Development, Sustainability, & Food Safety teams to define a vision for our future packaging portfolio & manage innovation projects that enable new product capabilities
- Partner with Fulfillment, Sustainability & Procurement teams to identify & manage a pipeline of packaging optimization opportunities
Manage a pipeline of packaging analysis, validation & trials
- Manage & refine our methodology for validating & qualifying existing & new solutions leveraging trials, external product testing, simulation software, etc
- Mentor & coach a team of packaging engineers; Lead employees through performance feedback reviews & goal setting exercises with a focus on building an industry leading packaging center of excellence in the grocery e-commerce space
- Prioritize projects & identify efficiencies to improve speed-to market of our product improvement & innovation pipelines
Create & manage SOPs, Specifications & Standards
- Establish & improve best practices to manage packaging specifications & standards including SOPs, Specifications & Standards
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure proper adherence to SOPs, Specs & Standards, identifying ways to measure compliance & drive accountability
- Identify product gaps & risks & find ways to into our innovation pipeline
- An experienced packaging engineer with a proven track record of managing projects that span the full-cycle packaging experience (R&D NPI, commercialization, & continuous improvement)
- Experienced with experiment design, product design, & simulation; experienced with software for the development & validation of solutions (i.e. CAD: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo; Simulation: ANSYS, SimScale, MATLAB)
- Detail-oriented You possess strong organizational skills & consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work & that of your team
- A self-starter You are highly motivated & passionate; youre eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- Agile You thrive in fast-paced & dynamic environments, assessing tradeoffs & adjusting priorities as needed to drive success across many dimensions
- A strong communicator who can easily convey complex solutions cross functionally & to upper management
At a minimum, you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Packaging, Materials, Mechanical or other applicable engineering
- 7+ years of experience in Packaging Engineering, with relevant experience in food, CPG, or eCommerce
- Flexibility to travel (up to 25%)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office & Google Suite applications
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.