About your role:
Join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom & work on digital companions for the worlds greatest role playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gamingcontinuing to bring the most convenience, customization, & captivation to the TRPG community we can.
As a Staff Engineer, you will own driving the technical design & solutions for e-commerce on our Tabletop RPG platform. You will work closely with & provide technical mentorship & guidance to other engineers on your cross-functional product development team. You will work closely with the development team manager on breaking down & estimating team workloads.
- Have the opportunity to directly impact & drive subscriber growth, commerce, & revenue for our TRPG platform
- Work in an environment where you have a direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Develop resilient, scalable systems with the latest technology
- Learn from & mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skill sets in a collaborative team environment
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
You will be successful here because...
- You will solicit, accept, & give respectful & appropriate feedback
- You advance team initiatives through action
- You do not fear failure
- You design & develop maintainable software through proper design, testing, & documentation
We are excited about you because you have experience with...
- Building reliable & secure ECommerce services in a distributed architecture
- Scaling a website for heavy user load, e.g. 1,000,000+ monthly active users
- Using AWS services to manage globally distributed infrastructure
- Implementing relational or NoSQL databases in a production environment
- Breaking down monolithic framework architectures into smaller distributed services
- You have run or played in your own Dungeons & Dragon games.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads technical design & direction of ECommerce system implementation
- Direct mentorship of junior engineers
- Writes maintainable, high-quality features in a team-based development environment
- Uses a shared code base with peer reviews & pull requests
- Writes & maintains unit & integration tests
- Assists with improving code integration & deployment processes
- Participates & occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, & retrospectives
- Adheres to & improves processes & coding standards
- Creates & maintains project documentation
- Consult for other teams & share knowledge across the organization
- Proactively identify risks & opportunities to improve the teams technical approach
- Proactively identify & propose engineering improvements in their area(s) of expertise
- Understand & contribute to the broader platform architecture
- 5+ years web development experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in object-oriented development
- Experience in technologies like (Node.js, Typescript, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL & NoSQL)
- Pragmatic Engineer
- AWS / cloud infrastructure experience
- React / JS SPA framework experience
- D&D/Tabletop gaming Interest/Passion
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
- Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
- We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
- We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom Is an Equal Opportunity Employer