Squarespace is seeking a team lead to join the marketing analytics team & help drive subscriber & revenue growth with data analytics that inform strategic decision making. The scale & scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, & impactful questions.
A successful candidate would have the ambition to tackle challenges across all marketing workstreams, supported by deep expertise in media specifically, including knowledge & experience across Brand & DR goals & online & offline channels. Youll lead a team to tackle all analytical problems related to Squarespace's acquisition efforts, from market expansion strategy to brand & channel measurement to content strategy to CRM. Youll work closely with teams across marketing (i.e. Media, CRM, Go-to-Market) & the company (i.e. Data Science, Product, FP&A) to uncover growth opportunities, drive cross-channel decision-making & ROI optimization & help shape Marketing strategy & drive direct impact.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters & reports into the Head of Marketing Analytics.
- Support all acquisition efforts across the Marketing org, inclusive of brand building & direct response
- Partner across functions & lead team to report on performance, generate actionable insights, & design analytical approach for new challenges
- Democratize data access & develop visualizations that empower business users to better understand & act on data & key metrics
- Define & action learning agenda & testing roadmaps that maximizes Marketing impact against both brand & revenue goals across a masterbrand & multiple associated products
- Lead the evolution & next-generation of performance tracking & measurement framework across all marketing channels
- Partner with Data Science & Data Engineering to build infrastructure that supports analytical rigor & to develop models & tools that drive business impact
- Serve as internal subject expert on industry best practices & emerging technology & trends such as analytical tools & marketing measurement
- Lead a team of analysts through their day-to-day responsibilities & ensure their career growth
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics function with an advertising agency, ad tech company or supporting a Marketing team
- Demonstrated success driving business strategy by empowering decision makers with data, developing frameworks, surfacing insights, & driving learning agendas; key projects may include supporting marketing planning, measuring & impacting brand health, or providing data-driven recommendations for full-funnel customer marketing
- Advance knowledge of SQL & experience working with databases (dimensional & relational); Python knowledge a plus
- Deep understanding of data visualization best practices, including direct experience with BI tools (e.g. Chart.io, Tableau, Looker)
- Knowledge of marketing tech stack & digital data technologies (DMPs, GA, pixel tracking, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills & ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies & business functions
- Strong project & process management skills with proven ability to deliver against expected milestones
- Experience managing & developing talent
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.