Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators & collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, were constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists & employees. If you work at Splice youll be asked, what does music mean to you? Thats because music is at the core of everything we do. Its why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, & change the industry for the better. Its why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent & collaborate with to ensure that were growing towards a more inclusive & open minded reality. And its why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
About the role:
Youre a music culture connoisseur. It's in your bones. As Director of Music Culture Marketing youll bring our artists, their stories, & Splices campaign initiatives to life across our marketing & product channels. You'll be an essential bridge between Splices Artists & Splices Marketing department. You'll have straight line reporting to the VP of Marketing & dotted line reporting to the VP of A&R (Artist Team). If you have a deep well of knowledge about the music industry, music culture & more specifically hip hop culture, then this is exactly where youre supposed to be.
Duties include managing campaign budgets, overseeing creation & development of marketing assets, evaluating consumer data, maintaining strong relationships with artists, their teams, & industry partners to drive successful cross-media campaigns to grow the Splice platform.
- Manage & grow an existing team of artist marketers
- Contribute to the vision of how artist & industry marketing works on Splice vs. off Splice
- Utilize artist partnerships & devise artist marketing campaigns that drive business growth
- Manage our artist & industry marketing budget
- Guide the development of performance analyses & reporting as it relates to artist marketing initiatives
- Provide a strategic lens & direction on execution of Artist programs
- Manage day-to-day workflow & resource bandwidth; drive cross-functional alignment across internal & external teams required to achieve the teams long- & short-term objectives & key results
- Partner with internal & external partners on larger pack releases, creative & strategic opportunities to grow the Splice brand, grounded in artist, music, content & culture
- 5-7+ years experience as a marketer at a relevant brand, platform, agency, or publisher, ideally in roles that were music- & content-focused
- Strong knowledge of the global music industry & cultural trends in the marketplace
- A solid understanding of the modern artist & audience development process
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations & digital marketing & promotion opportunities
- Experience working with artists, managers & industry partners
- Team management / leadership experience is a must
- You possess strong communication, writing & leadership skills, & have led complex cross functional teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic & high energy environment & are comfortable with occasional ambiguity & youre a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- You are highly organized & pay careful attention to detail
- You are creative & constantly ideating on how to uniquely bring marketing campaigns to life
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.