ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in Atlanta, California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Every Sunday, we have a half million of our closest friends over to our place to watch the game and, well maybe, we make a few friendly bets actually, we usually make about 3 million of them.
Our customers see odds, lines, spreads, play-by-play updates, deposits, & withdrawals.
We see only data, data, data, data, data, & data. Each contest generates tens of millions of individual data points that have to be collected, combined, understood, & acted on. All at the speed of the game. No time-outs.
This is not a sports job. This is a data job. (The jocks work for the nerds now)
Data drives our organization. As a Data Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of our vast amounts of real-time & relational data, provide our business with insight, & delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every touchdown, every fumble, & every play into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better & faster decisions outplaying our competition.
In this role, you will partner with the engineering teams building our online applications, data scientists mining our data & training our models, & our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us organize, model, & present our data as a coherent product & offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field & in the marketplace.
We are looking for Data Engineers of all skill levels or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment. If this describes you, read on we want to hear from you!
THE GAME PLAN / THE STATS
Everyone on our team has a part to play & What were looking for in our next teammate
Skills you have now or will quickly develop a deep understanding for:
- Building ETL/ELT pipelines using Python & Databricks
- Modeling & querying data using SQL & DBT
- Orchestrating data workflows with Apache Airflow
- Processing large workloads using distributed data systems such as Redshift, Athena, Spectrum, Spark, Hadoop, & Trino.
- Processing real-time streaming workloads with distributed event systems such as Kafka & Kinesis
- Designing & maintaining production database systems leveraging your knowledge of different types of data stores, their use cases, trade-offs, performance, & limitations
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, & lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving & retrieval solutions & their relationship to access vs. cost
- Leadership & teaching within a cross-functional team, embodying a willingness to grow & to grow those around you & actively seek continued learning opportunities.
Things you will get exposure to:
- Machine learning & data science
- Business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Data security & privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance & data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, Great Expectations)
- Continuous integration & delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence & priorities your growth as an engineer & your well-being as a person
As you grow at FanDuel, you will:
- Advance your career within well-defined, skill-based tracks, either as an individual contributor or as a manager both providing equal opportunities for compensation & advancement
- Apply your experience & intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data architecture
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence system reliability, automation, data quality, & cost-efficiency
Data engineering is a rapidly changing field most of all, were looking for someone who enjoys experimenting, keeping their finger on the pulse of current data engineering tools, & always thinking about how to do something better.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.