Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz. 75% of the mobile gaming market is outside the US & is growing fast. We plan to bring Global Play to the world. We are seeking a seasoned Product Management leader who will own & drive our international expansion.
In this role, you will define the roadmap, unblock the hurdles in taking Skillz to the new markets & impact hundreds of millions of players globally in the process.
The right candidate will know how to build a way forward for venturing into new markets. They will craft the strategy & vision, represent the voice of the global players, enable prioritization, & build & launch the product. They will negotiate challenges with many unknown & develop a mitigation strategy.
What You Will Do:
- Own the way forward for international expansion.
- Have an understanding of opportunities & challenges of doing business in countries outside of North America.
- Discover, analyze & recommend solutions as per local trends, competition, laws, & governance for each new market.
- Create & present PRDs / roadmaps to senior leadership.
- Collaborate with our Payments team to build the best localized payment solutions for international destinations.
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do.
- Be a one-stop consultant for cross-functional teams consisting of (but not limited to) Engineering, Design, PMO, Business, Legal, Finance & so on.
- 4-8 years of experience in product management, product development, business consulting, or a similar field.
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field.
- Deep understanding of ecommerce on a global scale.
- Knowledge of payments systems & implementation.
- Have traveled & spent considerable time outside of the US.
- Strong communication skill & an ability to liasioning between technical & non-technical partners.
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback & implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Put the team before self.
- Build & lead a team of Product Managers for International Rollout
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.