OEC Group is one of the largest freight forwarders in the US with offices all over the world. OEC provides a multitude of services from ocean import to customs brokerage. The Claims Coordinator primarily is responsible for overseeing the filing & resolution of cargo claims. Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry is necessary to perform the essential duties of this role, as well as an attention to detail when generating documentation.
Responsibilities, other duties may be assigned:
- Assists customers with cargo claims against transportation companies for shortages/damaged freight & private property damages.
- Investigating claims to ascertain validity of claims & extent of company liability.
- Processes freight & property claims for which company is liable & submits claims to head office for settlement or negotiates settlement with claimant & authorizes payment.
- Testifies at court hearings to present evidence on company liability from investigation documents when needed.
- Communicates with customers, insurance companies, surveyors, & others regarding claim status & claim-related matters.
- 1-3 year experience in the freight forwarding industry with an understanding of cargo insurance claims
- Proficient in organizing & generating necessary documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, & Excel
- Clear & effective communicator
To save time applying, OEC Group does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles & branches throughout Asia, North America & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. Our goals & ambition have helped us to become one of the emerging leaders in the logistics/importing industry.
OEC Group offers full benefits package includes:
- Full health insurance coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Term Life, & AD&D Coverage
- 401K employer matching
- Paid Vacation / Sick / Floating Days
- Annual performance review & opportunity for salary adjustment
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.