Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on millennially minded women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our missionfrom the very beginningis to be a catalyst for women to see, feel, & claim their power, by providing diverse & ambitious storytelling as well as radically relevant points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles & programs to service & slideshows. We're composed of six categories Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Work & Money, Fashion, & Beauty & we help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have a deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the Job:
Refinery29 is in pursuit of a smart & driven Lifestyle Editor to join our branded content team. At R29, its our mission to uplift women through reported stories, profiles, serviceable round-ups, & data features that shine a unique light on topics that affect women daily. Under the branded lifestyle umbrella, we cover home, health & wellness, food & drink, work & money, & entertainment. Were looking for someone who has experience writing & editing for these categories, particularly with personal finance, who can make sure that we translate clients visions into deliverables that feel right for our brand. You are quick on your feet, adaptable, organized, & can think outside of the box for any RFP we receive. You care deeply about R29 Lifestyles ability to drive influential conversations in this space, constantly elevating Refinery29 as a thought leader in the branded content & digital media space. You are optimistic, driven, & are a generous collaborator, always eager to make a story stronger & more impactful.
What Youll Do:
- Write & edit custom branded content within the roles verticals, including, but not limited to: dedicated feature articles, slideshows, dedicated emails, video copy, & co-branded collateral.
- Partner with the verticals Senior Editor as a creative contributor in pre-sale brainstorming & planning.
- Maintain Refinery29 brand voice, integrity, & POV in all copy.
- Help grow the junior writers on the team as well as some freelancers, making sure our content is smart, elevated, & leading the lifestyle conversation.
- Assist Senior Editors, Director of Branded Content, & Creative Direction team with writing & logistics of sold programs/stories from the editorial side. This includes working with editors for seamless integration; liaising with Ad Photo, Ad Design, & Marketing teams; & producing editorial stories from start to finish, in order to meet strict client deadlines.
What Youll Have:
- At least 3+ years of professional writing & editing experience within digital media required (experience with home & finance writing strongly preferred).
- A strong understanding of R29s voice & style POV.
- Must be an excellent editor & writer, with a creative vision, spot-on judgement, & the ability to take raw copy & turn it into something truly special.
- A genuine interest in digital advertising & specifically branded content.
- Willingness to make editorial judgment calls in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, & to flag & escalate any potential issues to Director when necessary.
- A flawless command of spelling, punctuation, & grammar.
- Never-ending patience & a collaborative, make it work attitude.