What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all.
About the Role
BlockFi is looking for a Chief People Officer to oversee a best in class People organization & global workforce. We are seeking a seasoned yet nimble people leader with proven ability to execute, build scalable processes & systems within high-growth organizations on an international level.
- Report directly to BlockFis CEO & lead our people team strategy which includes: (1) People Team, (2) Recruitment, (3) EAs/Support
- Become an organizational & cultural force who charts the path of how our company should be organized, grow & scale globally
- Partner with other leaders in the organization to understand short & long-term priorities; ensure alignment of People team strategy that will meet overall goals of the organization
- Offer strategic leadership in the planning, development, & implementation of People Operations
- Anticipate growth & training needs, creating accountability, while developing managers & leaders
- Develop thoughtful, well communicated implementations of people policies
- Serve as a trusted resource & thought-partner to your team members & senior leadership
- Oversee new hire acquisition & development & provide strategic direction to scale onboarding initiatives, maintaining highly rated employee ramp up & engagement metrics
- Build & develop competitive, parity driven compensation strategy across multiple disciplines
- Oversee workplace investigations & make recommendations regarding employment actions; ensure all matters are handled in an equitable & consistent manner
- Maintain thorough knowledge of & ensure compliance with all federal, state, & city legal & regulatory requirements for labor & employment practices
- 15+ years of managing People Teams & HR with previous experience at global organizations
- A consistent track record of successfully scaling teams, developing culture, building metrics & maintaining low attrition & high performance in a fast-paced environment
- History of reporting directly to CEOs & being an active member of senior management
- Extensive experience managing recruitment teams, including building out compensation plans for high performance & building out metrics
- Knowledge of the complexities of hiring on a global scale, including models that leverage contractors & outsourcing companies
- Experience taking a company public
- Keen interest in developing DE&I initiatives & challenging organizations to create the best possible environment for employee development, inclusion, happiness & career success
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.