The Life House Group was created to help travelers get more out of their trips by connecting our guests with each other & the local community.
Traveling completes us. It creates friendships & memories. It fills voids. Its fun! It offers perspectives. It teaches us. About the world. About culture. It breeds creativity & helps us discover new meaning in our lives & can give new meaning to others. Travel lets us live a full life. We create hotels, experiences, & communities to foster this spirit.
The Life House Group based out of Manhattan, New York is a globally-distributed team & backed by over $100mm in venture & real estate funding.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director of Finance will be directly responsible for overseeing the accounting & financial operations of our hotel properties & development projects, & at a corporate level.
The role requires a well-rounded business leader with broad accounting, reporting, operational expertise, & a track record of working on cross-functional initiatives while scaling quickly-growing organizations. Excellent communication & project management skills are critical, as well as the ability to influence across various functions & levels of leadership.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical & strategic, but will have the entrepreneurial spirit required to build something new, iterate on it, & expand it all while managing scarce resources. They will also have a deep understanding of financial reporting, & have experience implementing & managing new financial tools.
- Oversee monthly preparation of property financial statements & management reports
- Provide ongoing guidance on proper accounting treatment for revenue recognition, inventory, acquisitions, & other business developments
- Own the Companys accounting policies & procedures, & ensure compliance, providing training & updates as appropriate
- Manage & develop the Accounting team, growing it into a world-class organization
- Collaborate with business leaders to seamlessly onboard new hotels onto the financial operating system
- Assist with the preparation of annual Corporate budget & quarterly forecasts
- Develop the strategy for the financial product roadmap to automate reporting & optimize financial operations
- Manage new finance systems & product implementations
- 5+ years of finance & accounting experience
- Professional accounting designation required (CA, CPA)
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS
- Experience in process efficiency & automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex & changing environment with competing objectives & priorities
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Workday)
- High attention to detail, with excellent communication, writing & analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Management experience overseeing small to medium-sized teams
- Capable of translating complex business matters across functions & levels of leadership in a clear & concise manner
If this role interests you, please submit a cover letter that addresses:
- Why are you interested in Life House?
- Your most recent challenge at work that required you to implement a new finance process and/or product. Please detail what problem you aimed to solve, why it was important, & the impact you had.