InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the worlds best customer experiences. We provide design tools & educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable & streamlined design workflow; rapidly design & prototype products before writing code, & collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, & organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks & Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of aStaff Software Engineerto help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Edge team owns services that manage our customers assets as well as owning the gateway that acts as the entry point for all requests into the product. Youll be part of a team that implements shared & platform level services while utilizing monitoring, alerts & automated tests to operate & maintain aggressive SLAs. New challenges on our roadmap include implementing systems into our microservice architecture to provide traffic management, observability, policy enforcement, unified permissions & enhanced security across all services.
What youll do:
- Play a major role in ensuring cross-org initiatives meet their commitments by proactively noticing & helping anywhere needed
- Contribute to architectural direction & understand the business strategy to ensure technology solutions solve the right problems
- Architect, build & operate shared services that all other internal services confidently rely on for key functionality
- Build services that remain performant under large loads & can automatically scale up & down to maximize efficiency
- Be transparent - Working in a remote/async setting means we highly value a written culture for the benefit of clarity, communication & historical record keeping
- Ship highly reliable code - other teams will rely on & have confidence in the services we deliver
- Clearly scope projects & the work involved to provide an accurate level-of-effort that can align with other cross-team priorities
What youll bring:
- Strong proficiency in Golang; Node.js experience is considered an asset
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application & servers & databases & asynchronous queues
- Logs & core dumps dont frighten you
- Hands-on experience building & operating shared services that scale
- Use of continuous integration & delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability & interest to teach others best practices
- Curiosity to iterate & improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges & enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, & to deliver results
- Passion for operational excellence & a drive towards creating performant & reliable applications
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom & tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States & Canada include competitive health plans & retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, & home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.