About The Role & Team
Amplitudes mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth? We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, & our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, & the value we bring to customers & partners.
This role reports to the head of global field Marketing & Campaigns. This role will be instrumental in driving the company strategy into Japan & our partnership with sales leadership in the region.
Being on the marketing team puts you squarely in the epicenter of the product-led growth movement. In this role, youll have an opportunity to define the Japan marketing strategy alongside sales leadership & more broadly contribute to the definition of "digital field" in the context of a true growth marketing function.
In this role, you will:
- Build & execute the strategy that drives to short & long term business & growth objectives (50%+) in collaboration with local sales leaders & marketing leadership
- Be entrepreneurial & able to operate & succeed within the resource envelope available in terms of budget & resources
- Develop & localise innovative integrated campaigns across ad tech, web, email & field as well as scaled account-based strategies in the region
- Be a key partner to local sales leaders as well as an ambassador for the entire marketing team
- Be data-driven & able to navigate grey areas & make tactical short term & strategic long term decisions
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7 + years relevant experience
- Native Japanese & fluent or business level English language skills
- Experience in SaaS/Tech industry ideal, but open to other fast moving industries
- Proven track record of scaling an org through stages of growth from $100M to IPO, to $1B & beyond
- Desired but not required experience marketing in the analytics space
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to formulate & communicate strategy
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another & the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, & humility are core to the way we work: were tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, & we operate from a place of empathy & openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness & health insurance stipend, expensable lunches when in office, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, an annual home office productivity stipend & RSUs grants for all new hires.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, & grow their business. Were super proud of what weve built & continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm & Peloton & technology leaders like Microsoft & Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 & grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator & other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal & Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris & Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, & graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitudes D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, & drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, & human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.